There has been no better time than now to capture the power of solar energy by installing solar panels on your property. While this technology had been relatively inaccessible in the past, its evolutions and increasing popularity have opened the door for a wider variety of commercial and residential property owners to go solar.
At KD Electric, we want to help you take advantage of solar energy on with our high-quality commercial and residential services. From planning your project to efficiently installing panels and electrical infrastructure on your property, we will work with you to ensure your solar panel system gives you the exact benefits you want.
To find out how our Reno solar panel installation services could be right for you, call us today at (775) 377-7552 or contact us online.
Why Should You Install Solar Panels on Your Property?
Our team at KD Electric has helped numerous customers in Reno, Incline Village, Tahoe City, and Truckee find out what a great idea installing solar panels on their property can be.
Below are some of the benefits of installing solar panels:
- Solar allows you to offset your energy consumption and even receive credit for energy you supply to the grid through net metering (NEM). In a place like Reno, which sees an average of 300 days of sunshine per year, the savings can be significant.
- The federal government allows those who have installed solar panels to receive a 30% tax credit on the project, up until 2033. Essentially, this provides a discount on the upfront costs of this renewable technology.
- Homes that have solar panels installed on them sell for just over 4% more than those without. This means you could add to your property’s value before you have even started saving money on utilities and offsetting your energy costs.
- Solar panels contribute to worldwide efforts to ensure a greener future for our planet. The energy that solar garners is clean and sustainable, allowing you to decrease your carbon footprint, while still using the power you need.
How Does Net Metering (NEM) Work?
NEM is one of the biggest upsides of installing solar panels on your residential or commercial property. It works like this: if your panels produce more energy than you use in a billing cycle, you receive a credit for the excess energy you produced.
In both California and Nevada, rules and regulations for NEM vary. Generally, however, both states allow those who have newly installed solar panels to immediately earn credits. Both states also base the credits that people can earn on the wattage their panels harness.
Our QMerit Partnership Adds to Your Solar Benefits
For commercial and residential properties that are already seeing the benefits of EV chargers, solar panels are a great way to add to them. Specifically, our team at KD Electric has partnered with QMerit to provide simple integration solutions that make it easy for you to power your electric vehicle (EV) charger with solar energy.
Here is how it works:
- Typically, energy that solar panels harness goes back to the main grid. What we can do is upgrade your electrical infrastructure so it can accommodate and utilize that solar power.
- Once your infrastructure is properly equipped, we can reroute the energy your panels harness from the electrical grid to your EV charger.
- After our work is done, you have a sustainable and cost-effective way to charge your EV that are not affected by electricity rate increases.
If you have already invested in an EV, take the next step with our Reno solar panel installation services.
Find out how we can help you by calling (775) 377-7552 or contacting us online.
“Professional & Responsive! We needed a new electrical sub and we reached out to several, with little to no response. KD Electric got back to us the same day and was very accommodating with our project needs. Very friendly and kind as well.” - Sterling Builders LLC